Mocha Island Trip - Day 4

Bahía de Illico

The forecast for the last day was for 20-25 knot winds and 4-5 meter waves. In the morning at my anchorage the wind was blowing hard, with close to 20 knots. I thought that if I had so much wind near the shore, I would definitively get more than 30 knots outside. Because of that I decided to put the small storm jib instead of the regular jib. But after setting out, the wind became much weaker, around 12 to 18 knots, and never exceeded that during the whole day.

Below there is a video on

I rounded the Santa Maria Island on the outside. There was a lonely sailboat, the first and only one I met during these four days of navigation.

The lone sailboat.
Islote Farallón near Santa Maria Island